40 THINGS TO TEACH YOUR SONS:
1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2. Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
3. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
4. Chivalry is not dead.
5. It's ok to cook.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Hold people to a higher standard.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. In life, play with passion.
10. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
12. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
13. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
14. You marry the girl, you marry her family.
15. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
16. Experience the serenity of traveling.
17. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
18. Never turn down a breath mint.
19. A well-made sports coat is worth 1000 words.
20. Try writing your own eulogy. And never stop revising; your eulogy ends on its own.
21. Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him.
22. Eat lunch with the new kid.
23. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
24. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
25. Kindness create the boy. Manners make the man.
26. Give credit, where it is due. And take the blame when it belongs to you.
27. Stand up to bullies. Protect those bullied.
28. Write down your dreams.
29. Always protect your siblings.
30. Be confident and humble at the same time.
31. Call and visit your parents; they miss you always.
32. The healthiest marriages are those where you are a team; where you respect, protect, and stand up for each other.
33. There is nothing you can’t tell your mom, she knows you better than anyone.
34. A relationship is not 50/50, it’s 100%, both ways.
35. When you fail at something, be a good sport, have a good attitude, and try it again.
36. Always sit in front of the classroom. And be the first to speak up.
37. Don’t just be a father, be a dad. A dad is a son’s first hero.
38. Never give anyone the power to bring you down so low that you become them.
39. Do little. Laugh a lot. Sleep enough.
40. And give God the glory. Because without Him you are nothing, but with Him, you are everything.